If you are interested in volunteering to work at the preserves please send us an email or call Sandra Chafin at 850-229-1787.
Volunteer Host Position:
Position Title: Volunteer Host
St Joseph Bay State Buffer Preserve is a 5,026 acre Preserve in the Florida panhandle. Volunteers utilize their skills to aid in running the Preserve. Volunteers will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (per site) and reside on Preserve property for a specified amount of time.
Benefits to volunteer
- Free gravel campsite pad for an RV up to 60ft
- Free 120volt, 30amp and 50amp electric hookup
- Free water hookup
- Free sewage hookup
- Free laundry facilities
- Make your own work schedule
- Beautiful Bay view!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- General household maintenance skills such as basics of carpentry, plumbing and electric.
- Ability to operate small motorized equipment. Example: UTV’s, lawn mowers and handheld blowers.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to greet and provide visitors and researchers with maps and information about the Preserve and surrounding area with a smile!
- Ability to have a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Ability to monitor activities in the Preserve and notifying Preserve staff when action is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to help with programs and tours within the Preserve.
- Desire to learn about the surrounding area and speak with visitors about its history.
- Ability to secure facilities after 4:00pm weekdays.
Hazards and/or Caution
- Safety is a top priority! The use of safety equipment is required for all jobs.
- Physical exertion and exposure to Florida weather and biting insects; precautions should be taken.
Supervisor: Dylan Shoemaker, Preserve Manager
If interested in becoming a volunteer, please call me at 850–670-7728 or email me at Dylan.email@example.com
Revised: March 16, 2020